The Community Museum Project's staff for the exhibit "People without borders/Una gente sin fronteras" sponsored a contest for Latinos in Forks. Entries in the contest could be essays, poetry or artwork, created in response to one or all of the following 5 questions:
- What has your experience been like being from another culture living in Forks?
- What was it like coming from your country to the U.S? Describe your journey to Forks.
- What is your favorite memory of your home country?
- Compare your life here in Forks to your life in your home country: how has your life changed living in Forks, WA?
- What is your favorite thing about your culture?
High School Winners
- Betsy - Bursting Pinata drawing
- Lizbeth - Seis años poem
- Adam - Drawing of Mexican and U.S. flags merging
Middle School Winners
- Sergio - Soy Latino poem
- Daniel - School Bus Drawing
- Gibran - query nameEl Palomo (Mexican Dove) poem
- View photographs from the Bilingual Awards Assembly. (Part of the assembly included the contest winner's being announced. It was not an assembly only for the contest.)
- View all contest submissions
^^ Top ^^