Pacific Northwest Sheet Music Collection
The Pacific Northwest Sheet Music Collection is part of the Ashford Sheet Music Collection at the University of Washington Music Library. The Ashford Collection was built from a core collection donated by Paul Ashford to the University of Washington in 1959. The collection has been augmented considerably since 1959 and now contains over a thousand titles. In addition to music from and about Washington State and the Pacific Northwest, the Ashford Collection also includes other Americana such as campaign songs and songs from the two World Wars. The digitized Pacific Northwest Sheet Music is all in the public domain and represents a fraction of the Ashford collection. The Music Library, University of Washington, must be acknowledged as the source when using these images.
A bibliographic database of the Ashford Sheet Music Collection is available at http://db.lib.washington.edu/sheetmusic/. This bibliographic database is still under construction and thus not all titles in the Ashford Collection are available yet. The database includes links to the digitized images of musical scores of the Pacific Northwest Sheet Music Collection.
Information on copyright, use, permissions, and contact information
- The sheet music collection may be used on site, Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm during the quarter, and Monday-Friday 1pm to 5pm during intersession.
- All users must present either a valid UW ID or a picture ID card
- Only pencils are allowed for taking notes.
- Photocopying of special collections materials is not allowed without permission of a librarian.
- All users will be provided with gloves for handling rare and special collections materials.
- Digital images: Materials in the digitized Pacific Northwest Sheet Music collection are in the public domain. Although no copyright permissions are needed for use of these items, "The Music Library, University of Washington" must be acknowledged as the source for borrowed images.
- Contact Information: Please direct questions to the Music Library at musiclib[at]u[dot]washington[dot]edu.
About the Database
This database was scanned by the staff of the Monographic Division. It is scanned in RGB at 150 dpi and the screen display was set for 1000 x 800. The scanned images are then linked with the descriptive data using the UW CONTENTdm program.