A Gateway to an Artillery School, 1940.
Sophomore design project: gouache/watercolor with graphite and ink on paper.
Digital Collection item #ARC0881; URL: http://content.lib.washington.edu/u?/ac,1843
John R. (Jack) Sproule (1908-1933) received his B.Arch from the University of Washington in 1934. He worked as Draftsman for J. Lister Holmes, Architect, Seattle, (1934-6); Draftsman, Paul Thiry, Architect, Seattle, (1934-6).
Notable structures include the Belvoir Place House (1936): Patterson Ambrose House, Seattle (1936); Guthrie Hall Annex #3, University of Washington (1942); Shaffer House (1946).
Sproule became an instructor for the UW Department of Architecture in 1948 and served as Associate Professor from 1960-78.