Episcopla church Sanctuary, 1958.
Design/analytique: gouache/watercolor with graphite on paper.
Digital Collection item #ARC0893; URL: http://content.lib.washington.edu/u?/ac,1845
Lee G. Copeland received his B.Arch cum laude with the AIA First Medal from the University of Washington (1960), and his M.Arch and M.C.P. from the University of Pennsylvania (1963). He returned to the University of Washington to teach (1964) and was later named Dean of the College of Architecture and Urban Planning (CAUP) from 1972-79. Copeland was a founding principal architect in the Seattle firm Joyce, Copeland, Vaughan & Norfors, (ca. 1974). He was appointed Dean of the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Fine Arts, now PennDesign, (1979-91). He served as the Chairman of the Philadelphia City Planning Commission before returning to Seattle as partner in Weinstein Copeland Architects and later as consulting principal architect with Mithun.
Copeland was elected a Fellow in the American Institute of Architects in 1979. He won the AIA Seattle Chapter Medal in 2000, and in 2001 he received the AIA/ACSA Topaz Medallion for Excellence in Architectural Education.