Basic Scanner Settings
"Type" of scan or "Output Type":
- For black and white images, use 8-bit grayscale.
- For color images, use RGB Colors (also know as "true color" and "24-bit RGB"); do not scan colors at less than 24 bits (8 bits per channel). You may scan higher than 24 bits.
- Images less than 2 inches in the long dimension: scan at 800 ppi or higher.
- Images between 2 and 7 inches in the long dimension: scan at 600 ppi or higher.
- Images between 7 and 12 inches in the long dimension: scan at 400 ppi or higher.
- Images larger than 12 inches in the long dimension: scan at 300 ppi or higher.
NOTICE: Please do not make any corrections; however you may set your Dynamic Range at 'automatic', if available.
Do NOT use:
- Compression; use no compression.
- Interpolated resolution; interpolated resolution is a no-no.
Please make sure the file name is part of any image description you provide.