|Title||Tacoma Railway & Power Company's power station and car barn, October 21, 1904 |
|Notes||Construction photographs of the Electron Plant, a hydroelectric facility on the Puyallup River, built by the Puget Sound Power Company, 1902-1904. This company was acquired by Puget Sound Traction, Light and Power Company in 1912.|
The Tacoma Substation was the receiving station in Tacoma for power transmitted from the Electron Plant.
Handwritten on image: One of T.R. & P. Co.'s power stations and car barns. Transformer room to left, offices to right.
PH Coll 269.321
|Location Depicted||United States--Washington (State)--Tacoma |
|Subjects (LCTGM)||Tacoma Railway & Power Company--Facilities--Washington (State)--Tacoma; Progress photographs |
|Subjects (LCSH)||Electric substations--Washington (State)--Tacoma; Street-railroads--Buildings and structures--Washington (State)--Tacoma; Electron Power Plant (Wash.); Puget Sound Power and Light Company |
|Digital Collection||Seattle Power and Water Supply Collection|
|Order Number||WWDL0120 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction, inquire about permissions, or for information about prices see: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/reproduction-info |
Please cite the Order Number when ordering.
|Negative Number||Puget Power 321 |
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division |
|Repository Collection||Puget Sound Power and Light Company Photographs. PH Coll 269|
|Object Type||Photograph |
|Physical Description||silver gelatin, b&w : 8 x 10 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 115 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2005 |