|Title||Light house on Destruction Island, June 1907 |
|Photographer||Jones, Lynds |
|Notes||Destruction Island is a rocky forty acre island in the Pacific Ocean four miles offshore from west central Jefferson County, southwest of the mouth of the Hoh River. The Indian name for the island was hob-to-la-bish. [Tacoma Public Library." Washington Place Names" Tacoma Public Library Northwest Room. http: www.tpl.lib.wa.us (accessed Sept. 22, 2005)] |
Written on back of photograph: Destruction Island, June 1907.
Also known as Isla de Dolores and Island of Sorres. [Getty. "Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names Online" http://www.getty.edu (accessed Sept. 22, 2005) ]
PH Coll 1.24
|Subjects (LCTGM)||Lighthouses--Washington (State)--Destruction Island |
|Location Depicted||United States--Washington (State)--Olympic Peninsula--Jefferson County--Destruction Island |
|Digital Collection||Washington Localities Collection|
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction, inquire about permissions, or for information about prices see: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/reproduction-info |
Please cite the Order Number when ordering.
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division |
|Repository Collection||George T. Jones Photograph Collection. PH Coll 1 |
|Object Type||Photograph |
|Physical Description||b&w ; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Images were scanned from original photographs using a Microtek Scanmaker 8700 scanner in 8-bit grayscale between 600 and 800 ppi. Using Adobe Photoshop 7.0, resized to 768 pixels wide or 600 pixels high (whichever was greater), adjusted the histogram, sharpened and saved in JPEG format at quality rating 3. 2005 |