|Title||Man standing in front of columns with Denny Hall in background, University of Washington, ca. 1915 |
|Photographer||Linkletter Studio |
|Date||ca. 1915 |
|Notes||The columns were originally part of the first Territorial University building downtown, and were saved and brought to the new campus when the building was torn down. Edmond Meany and Herbert Condon named the columns "Loyalty, " "Industry, " "Faith, " and "Efficiency, " the first letters of which spell "life." ("A Campus Walk, " University of Washington pamphlet, 1996)|
Handwritten on verso: "E.S. Meany Bequest."
Stamped on verso of duplicate image: "The Linkletter Studio, 1306 East 45th Street, Seattle, Wash."
Duplicate image is hand-colored.
Filed in: UW - Campus Features, Columns (#307)
|Subjects (LCTGM)||Columns--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Universities & colleges--Washington (State)--Seattle
|Subjects (LCSH)||Denny Hall (Seattle, Wash.)|
University of Washington
College buildings--Washington (State)--Seattle
|Location Depicted||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||University of Washington Campus Photographs|
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction, inquire about permissions, or for information about prices see: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/reproduction-info |
Please cite the Order Number when ordering.
|Negative Number||UW19997z |
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division. |
|Repository Collection||University of Washington Campus Photograph Collection |
|Object Type||Photograph: b&w; 4 5/8 x 7 1/2 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |
|Image File Name||SC000131.tif |