|Title||Blethen Chimes for Chimes Tower, University of Washington, ca. 1914 |
|Date||ca. 1914 |
|Notes||Built in 1904, the Chimes Tower was originally a water tower for pumping water from the lake. The chimes consisted of 12 bells, donated by Col. A.J. Blethen, Seattle Times publisher. They were enclosed in the tower in 1914. The tower burned down in 1949.|
Handwritten above image: Names that identify the four men pictured; J.E. Folknor, Condon, R.[?]E.M. Hill, Jo [...].
Handwritten below image: Key of D -- 12 in number -- 1912 -- D to F sharp, 23000 gross, 15000 net.
Handwritten on verso: Bells assembled for Blethen chimes
Filed in: UW - Chimes and tower (#420)
|Subjects (LCTGM)||Universities & colleges--Washington (State)--Seattle|
|Subjects (LCSH)||Chimes--Washington (State)--Seattle|
University of Washington
Chimes Tower (Seattle, Wash.)
|Location Depicted||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||University of Washington Campus Photographs|
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction, inquire about permissions, or for information about prices see: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/reproduction-info |
Please cite the Order Number when ordering.
|Negative Number||Warner 129x |
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division. |
|Repository Collection||University of Washington Campus Photograph Collection |
|Object Type||Photograph: b&w; 4 1/2 x 6 5/16 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |
|Image File Name||SC000306.tif |