|Title||Barkentine ARAGO, Hoquiam River, n.d. |
|Notes||On verso of image: Barkentine ARAGO, Towboat TRAVELER, Hoquiam River, W.T. |
The ARAGO was a four masted barkentine built at the Simpson yard in North Bend, Washington, in 1891 for carrying lumber. She was sold to Chilean owners as the JUDITH in 1914, and then to Peruvian owners as the AURRERA (p. 248). Notes from Gordon Newell, ed., The H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest (Seattle: Superior Publishing Co, 1966).
|Subjects (LCSH)||Arago (Bark)|
Barks (Sailing ships)--Washington (State)--Hoquiam
Hoquiam River (Wash.)
|Location Depicted||United States--Washington (State)--Hoquiam |
|Digital Collection||Transportation Collection|
|Order Number||TRA0333 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction, inquire about permissions, or for information about prices see: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/reproduction-info |
Please cite the Order Number when ordering.
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division. |
|Repository Collection||Ships Collection |
|Object Type||Photograph |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2001. |