|Title||Libby, McNeill & Libby, exterior, Kent, 1917 |
|Caption||Libby, McNeill & Libby moved into this building in 1917 after they purchased it from the Wire Rope Company.|
In the foreground the roads are unpaved and muddy; in the background there is a bungalow type office and a single smokestack.
The plant was at 4th and Smith.
The company began in 1917 as Kent's first fruit and berry cannery, but quickly expanded to include pickles, sauerkraut and string beans.
|Notes||Source of caption information: notes on verso and White River Valley Museum staff. |
Food industry--Washington (State)--Kent
Dirt roads--Washington (State)--Kent
|Classification||Kent, WA/Business & Industry/Libby, McNeil & Libby |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Kent |
|Digital Collection||White River Valley Museum Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1185 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or inquire about permissions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please cite the Image Number. |
|Repository||White River Valley Museum (Auburn) |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print: b&w; 8 x 10 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||A photographic print was scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color or 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 or 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |