|Title||Men repairing streetcar tracks in front of real estate office, Seattle, 1909 |
|Caption||The workmen are repairing the tracks in front of the branch office of Littlefield Real Estate Co. This is the trolley stop for Rainier Avenue and Dearborn Street, known at that time as the Brickyard Station. The building on the right, in the background, is the W.C. Hill Brick Company. The company was the initial supplier of the electrical power for the streetcar line when it was first started in 1890. |
|Notes||Signs on building read: [Rainier] Valley Branch, [...] Littlefield Co., [...] Taylor, Manager. Property for Sale In All Parts of Rainier Valley. Tracts - Boulevard - Easy Terms - Pioneer Square.|
Street sign on power pole reads: Rainier Ave.
Sign on power pole reads: $10 reward.
Sign on building on right reads: Office, W.C. Hill Brick Company.
|Subjects||Real estate business--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Brick industry--Washington (State)--Seattle
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Beacon Hill (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Rainier Valley Historical Society Photograph Collection |
|Accession Number||93.001.002 |
|Ordering Information||To order a copy of this photograph, please email Rvhsoffice@aol.com and mention the Accession Number. |
|Repository||Rainier Valley Historical Society, Seattle |
|Repository Collection||Hall-Summers Collection |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print mounted on cardboard: b&w; 6 x 8 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |