|Title||Renton Coal Mine Pumping station interior, Renton, 1909 |
|Photographer||Renton Studio |
|Notes||This pumping station was 1/2 mile below ground [Renton Historical Society note].|
The Renton Coal Mine was organized in 1873. Two mines, Talbot and Renton, produced coal continuously for the first ten years. In 1885-86, amid labor disputes, the mines closed. In 1895 local men reopened the mines as the Renton Cooperative Coal Company. In 1901 Seattle Electric bought the entire property and began mining on a large scale. The 1909 official report said the mines employed 325 men with a monthly payroll of $24, 000 and a daily production of 600 tons. In 1918 the mines closed [source of note: Morda C. Slauson. Renton: From Coal to Jets].
Printed on image: Copyright 1909 by Renton Studio, Pumping Station in Renton Coal Mine.
Photographer's reference number printed on image: No. 79.
|Subjects||Pumping stations--Washington (State)--Renton|
Renton Coal Mine--Facilities--Washington (State)--Renton
Coal mining--Washington (State)--Renton
Ore industry--Washington (State)--Renton
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Renton |
|Digital Collection||Renton Historical Museum Photograph Collection |
|Serial Number||167 |
|Ordering Information||To order a copy of this photograph, please call (425) 255-2330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the Serial Number. |
|Credit Line||Image 167, Courtesy of the Renton Historical Society, Renton. |
|Rights and Reproduction||Contact the Renton History Museum to obtain rights for reproduction and use. email@example.com |
|Repository||Renton Historical Museum |
|Repository Collection||Renton Historical Museum Collection |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print: b&w; 6 x 8 1/8 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||A photographic print was scanned as a 3000 pixel wide TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in width and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |