|Title||Central School students and teacher outside school entrance, Renton, 1900 |
|Notes||Note filed with image: Two students identified: Second Row from bottom, from left: 4th person: Matilda Giovanelli; 8th person: Margaret Miller.|
Central School was built in 1892. It replaced a smaller school built in 1876 at the same site, Fifth between Wells and Main. It was a wooden, two story structure. 110 pupils attended on the first day. Older students studied on the second floor which, by 1911, could no longer accommodate them. Other schools were built around Renton, and Central School closed in 1922 [source of note: Morda C. Slauson. Renton: From Coal to Jets].
Date supplied by Renton Historical Society.
|Subjects||School children--Washington (State)--Renton|
Central School (Renton, Wash.)
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Renton |
|Digital Collection||Renton Historical Museum Photograph Collection |
|Serial Number||3254 |
|Ordering Information||To order a copy of this photograph, please call (425) 255-2330 or email email@example.com and mention the Serial Number. |
|Credit Line||Image 3254, Courtesy of the Renton Historical Society, Renton. |
|Rights and Reproduction||Contact the Renton History Museum to obtain rights for reproduction and use. firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Repository||Renton Historical Museum |
|Repository Collection||Louise George Collection |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print: b&w; 5 1/4 x 7 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||A photographic print was scanned as a 3000 pixel wide TIFF image in 24-bit RGB, resized to 640 pixels in width and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |