|Title||Central School faculty and staff outside school entrance, Renton, 1911-1912 |
|Date||ca. 1911 |
|Notes||Central School faculty, 1911-1912, D. M. Dimmit, far right [Renton Historical Society note].|
Central School was built in 1892. It replaced a smaller school built in 1876 at the same site, Fifth between Wells and Main. It was a wooden, two story structure. 110 pupils attended on the first day. Older students studied on the second floor which, by 1911, could no longer accommodate them. Other schools were built around Renton, and Central School closed in 1922 [source of note: Morda C. Slauson. Renton: From Coal to Jets].
Handwritten on verso: Renton, Central School Faculty, 1911-12.
Central School (Renton, Wash.)
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Renton |
|Digital Collection||Renton Historical Museum Photograph Collection |
|Serial Number||3717 |
|Ordering Information||To order a copy of this photograph, please call (425) 255-2330 or email email@example.com and mention the Serial Number. |
|Credit Line||Image 3717, Courtesy of the Renton Historical Society, Renton. |
|Rights and Reproduction||Contact the Renton History Museum to obtain rights for reproduction and use. firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Repository||Renton Historical Museum |
|Repository Collection||Charlotte Jasper Collection |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print: b&w; 4 3/4 x 7 7/8 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||A photographic print was scanned as a 3000 pixel wide TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in width and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |