|Title||Seattle Public Library, Northeast branch, Seattle, `1952 |
|Caption||In 1945, the Ravenna Community Club raised money to rent a small space for a library station, on 33rd Avenue NW. The site was so heavily used that in 1953 funds to build a permanent branch were included in the budget. Here three people walk on the sidewalk outside the entrance of the original building. |
|Notes||Handwritten on sleeve: SEATTLE PUBLIC LIBRARY, North East branch.|
Caption information source: SPL.org/locations/northeast-branch.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): February 2, 1952.
|Subjects||Public libraries--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Seattle Public Library
|Places||United States—Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1986.5.11252.1 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Photograph Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI). |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Photograph Collection |
|Physical Description||1 acetate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from film positive using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit grayscale, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 5. |