|Title||Colman Dock, Seattle, 1960 |
|Caption||For many years, travelers went to Seattle's Colman Dock at the foot of Marion Street to catch ferries to Bremerton, Port Angeles, or other towns on Puget Sound. The dock building housed the ferry offices and a marine supply company. Ye Olde Curiosity Shop is at street level. Colman Dock and the Curiosity Shop still stand on Seattle's waterfront, although the buildings have changed. |
|Notes||Handwritten on sleeve: SEATTLE, Docks, Colman, from viaduct.|
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): September 23, 1960.
|Subjects||Piers & wharves--Washington (State)--Seattle; Marine terminals--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1986.5.8883.1 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 acetate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |