|Title||St. Mark's Church decorated for Easter, ca. 1919 |
|Photographer||Webster & Stevens |
|Date||ca. 1919 |
|Caption||St. Mark's Church was Seattle's second Episcopal parish. In 1897, the growing congregation moved from downtown to First Hill and built an English parish-style church on Harvard Avenue between Seneca and Spring Streets. St. Mark's stayed at that location until the 1920s.|
In this photo, taken about 1919, the front of the church is filled with flowers for Easter. The ornate wooden altarpiece is now at St. Mark's Cathedral on 10th Avenue East.
|Subjects||Churches; Holidays |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1983.10.1504 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||PEMCO Webster & Stevens Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||PEMCO Webster & Stevens Collection |
|Physical Description||1 negative : nitrate, b&w ; 8 x 10 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original negative using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit grayscale, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 4.
|Photographer's Reference Number||W&S 74, 089 |