|Title||Boeing Field control tower under construction, Seattle, 1961 |
|Caption||In the 1920s, King County voters passed a bond issue to buy land for a commercial airport south of Seattle. Low lying land was graded with fill dredged from the Duwamish Waterway. The new airport, Boeing Field, was dedicated in July 1928. By 1938, the field served three major airlines, passenger planes and airborne freight carriers. Boeing Field is also called King County International Airport. |
|Notes||Handwritten on sleeve: Airports - Boeing Field - control tower.|
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): April 21, 1961.
|Subjects||Building construction--Washington (State)--Seattle; Parking lots--Washington (State)--Seattle; Airports--Washington (State)--Seattle; King County International Airport |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Georgetown (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI20317 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 safety film negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |