|Title||Two men in fire truck at Fire Station No. 2, Seattle, 1939 |
|Caption||Seattle built several new firehouses when the Fire Department switched from horse-drawn fire equipment to motorized trucks. Fire Station No. 2, at Fourth Avenue and Battery Street, was one of these new stations. It opened in 1921 and is still in operation. |
|Notes||Handwritten on image: Rebuilt fire truck.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Seattle - fire dept - truck, with R.E. Winningham, John Scribner.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): January 2, 1939.
|Subjects||Fire engines & equipment--Washington (State)--Seattle; Fire stations--Washington (State)--Seattle; Fire fighters--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Belltown (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI22788 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 safety film negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |