|Title||Children boarding Wallingford streetcar on its last run, Seattle, 1940 |
|Caption||The Wallingford streetcar line connected downtown Seattle with the outlying areas of Wallingford and the University District. In May 1940, the streetcars stopped running and were replaced by buses. |
|Notes||Signs in image: Spring Weather by the Ton - Ladysmith Wellington. Burn Carolyn Coal. Fur Storage at the Bon Marche.|
Handwritten on negative: Wallingford st car, last run.
Handwritten on sleeve: Seattle - street railways - street cars (last car on Wallingford line).
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): May 6, 1940.
|Subjects||Street railroads--Washington (State)--Seattle; Children--Washington (State)--Seattle; Commercial streets--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Wallingford (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI27180 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 nitrate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in.; stained |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |