|Title||Frederick & Nelson, Seattle, 1952 |
|Photographer||Forde & Carter |
|Caption||The first Frederick & Nelson retail store opened in 1889, right after Seattle's great fire. By 1916, the company was doing so well that it built a large new store at Fifth Avenue and Pike Street, which many people thought was too far out of town. Frederick & Nelson was one of Seattle's landmark companies for over a century. It closed in the 1990s. |
|Notes||Stamped on verso: Member N.P.A.A. - Photo by Art Forde and Fred Carter, 912A Pine St., Seattle.|
Handwritten on verso: No F&N Sign on corner.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Department stores--Washington (State)--Seattle; Business districts--Washington (State)--Seattle; Commercial streets--Washington (State)--Seattle; Frederick & Nelson |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1993.43.17 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Frederick & Nelson Collection |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print: b&w; 7 3/4 x 9 1/2 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original print as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |