|Title||Animal in King County Humane Society trap, Seattle, 1939 |
|Caption||The King County Humane Society formed in Seattle in 1887 to help control stray and nuisance animals in the city and county. For many years, the organization operated an animal shelter and pet adoption program on Elliott Avenue in Seattle. In 1972, the Humane Society moved to new facilities in Bellevue, and Seattle began its own animal control program. In the 1990s, the organization's activities include pet adoption and foster care programs, educational programs for pet owners, and a pet food bank. |
|Notes||Handwritten on image: Cat trap.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Cats - traps.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): May 14, 1939.
|Subjects||Animal traps--Washington (State)--Seattle; Animal welfare organizations--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI20378 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 nitrate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |