|Title||Bob Murray's Dog House, Seattle, 1938 |
|Caption||Bob Murray's Dog House was a popular Seattle hang-out from the 1930s until it closed in 1994. Located at the corner of 7th and Bell Streets, The Doghouse offered "non-stop open-24-hours food, booze, music, and fellowship, " according to writer John Hahn. The establishment was run by Bob Murray and Laurie Gulbransen. One of their mottos was, "all roads lead to the Dog House." |
|Notes||Handwritten on image: Dog House Restaurant.|
Handwritten on sleeve: SEATTLE, RESTAURANTS, Dog House.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): February 21, 1938.
|Subjects||Restaurants--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Belltown (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1986.5.11356 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 nitrate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |