|Title||Willowmoor Farm, Redmond, October 1914 |
|Caption||In 1904, Seattle banker James W. Clise bought land along the Sammamish Slough, near Redmond, Washington, and began to build a hunting lodge and summer retreat. During the next three years, the family greatly expanded the original building which they called Willowmoor. They moved there permanently in 1907. Over the years, Clise expanded the property and developed a model farm where he raised prize-winning cattle and horses.|
This photo shows Willowmoor Farm, near Redmond. A succession of owners operated the farm until its 1963 sale to King County as Marymoor Park.
|Notes||Handwritten on mount: Farm. Oct. 1914.|
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Farms--Washington (State)--Redmond |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Redmond |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1980.7158.2.1 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Clise Collection |
|Physical Description||1 lantern slide: color; 2 1/4 x 2 3/4 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original lantern slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |