|Title||Grandstand and clubhouse at Longacres racetrack, 1935 |
|Caption||Seattle businessman Joe Gottstein opened Longacres Park racetrack near Renton, Washington, on August 3, 1933, in the depths of the Great Depression. The one-mile oval track, with its clubhouse and red and silver grandstand, was the work of architect B. Marcus Priteca. Longacres was designed and built in 28 days and hosted thoroughbred horse racing until it closed in 1992.|
This 1935 photo shows the clubhouse (l.) and grandstand (r.) as seen from the center of the track at Longacres Park.
|Notes||Handwritten on negative: Longacres clubhouse, grandstands.|
Handwritten on sleeve: LONGACRES, Race track, 1935.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Horse racing--Washington (State)--Renton
Racetracks (Horse racing)--Washington (State)--Renton
Sports spectators--Washington (State)--Renton
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Renton |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1986.5.5318.2 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle|
All Rights Reserved
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 nitrate negative: b&w|
4 x 5 in.
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |