|Title||Fremont Avenue looking north, Seattle, 1905 |
|Caption||Seattle's Fremont neighborhood, northwest of Lake Union, started in the 1880s as a settlement around a sawmill, and grew to a town of 5, 000 before it became part of Seattle in 1891. This view looks north from the corner of Fremont Avenue and Ewing Street and shows a trolley car turning the corner onto Fremont. |
|Notes||Signs in image: H.P. Miller M.D. Choice Candies. Dr. F.T. Maxson, Physician and Surgeon. Brick Lime Cement [...] Planter - Fremont & Green Lake [...] - Sand & Gravel - Coal & Wood. Look Out for the Cars. Drugstore. Groceries and Meat Market. The Hotel Dixon.|
Typed on verso: 1905, cor. Fremont & Erving.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Commercial streets--Washington (State)--Seattle; Street railroads--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Fremont (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||SHS10729 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Historical Society Collection |
|Physical Description||1 photographic print mounted on cardboard: b&w; 10 1/2 x 14 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original print as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |