|Title||Highland School, Highland, ca. 1910 |
|Date||ca. 1910 |
|Notes||The school was built in 1887 and used until 1934, when the new Highland School opened. It was later used as a home, offices, and a floor covering business. It was moved in 1972 to make way for State Route 520. The building was destroyed by a fire in 2001. The bell is now housed at Stevenson Elementary in Bellevue.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Highland School, c. 1910.
Note from EHC records: Highland School, originally located on NE 24th between 140th and 148th, now cleared for 520 highway.
Bell towers--Washington (State)--Bellevue
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Bellevue |
|Digital Collection||Eastside Heritage Center Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||L 77.53 |
|Ordering Information||To order a copy of this image or inquire about permissions, contact the Curator of Collections at (425) 450-1049 or P.O. Box 40535, Bellevue, WA 98015. |
|Repository||Eastside Heritage Center |
|Repository Collection||Marymoor Collection |
|Physical Description||1 negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |