The McKenna Lumber Company was in business from ca. 1914 to ca. 1932.
McKenna is two miles south of the Fort Lewis Military Reservation and a mile and a half east of Yelm in southwest Pierce County. This former lumber town faded when the local timber supply was depleted. It was named for E. W. McKenna of Chicago, a vice-president of Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railroad.