Elbe Lumber & Shingle Company was in business from ca. 1909 to ca. 1936, headquartered in Elbe in Pierce County.
Elbe is a community on the Nisqually River at the east end of Lake Alder in south central Pierce County on its border with Lewis County. In the early 1880s it was named by Henry C. Lutkens for the Elbe River in Germany. Lutkens was one of a number of homesteaders of German ancestry many of whom came from the Elbe Valley. The name Brown's Junction was chosen by Northern Pacific Railway officials when they established a station but that name never was given to the settlement.