|Contextual Notes||The Goodyear Logging Company was in business from ca. 1915 to ca. 1924, headquartered in Clallam Bay. In 1922, there were 175 employees.|
Clallam Bay is a community on the east shore of Clallam Bay, Strait of Juan de Fuca, in northwest Clallam County. It was named for the bay, which was listed on British Admiralty Charts in 1846 by Capt. Henry Kellet as Callam, his Anglicized version of the Indian name. The name of the bay, as pronounced by Clallam Indians, might logically be Kla-kla-wice; however, Kellet attempted to reproduce the tribal name, which was S'klah-lam in Clallam dialect, or Do-sklal-ob in Twana, meaning big, strong nation.