Part of a collection containing approximately 1100 student drawings from the University of Washington Department of Architecture from its inception in 1914 until 1961 when the Department of Architecture had completely phased out all elements of the Beaux Arts system and became the College of Architecture and Urban Planning.
Freehand sketch of the entrance of the classically-designed Bagley Hall on the University of Washington campus. The building was originally built as the Fine Arts Palace for the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition in 1909, however, it served as the Chemistry building at the time the drawing was completed; the building later housed the architecture school and was renamed Architecture Hall in 1957 when the College of Architecture and Urban Planning was established.
Katsutoshi Tachibana received his B.Arch from the University of Washington in 1930.
Photographed with a Canon Digital Rebel XTi in RGB Color. Saved in RAW format and converted to a 350dpi TIFF using Adobe Camera RAW software. Resized and enhanced using Adobe Photoshop and imported as JPEG2000 using ContentDM's software JPEG2000 Extension. 2011