|Title||Pantages Theater (Tacoma, Wash.), exterior details |
|Architects||Priteca, B. Marcus (Bernard Marcus), 1889-1971 |
|Client||Realty & Construction Co. of Tacoma |
|Date of Drawing Execution||1917-1918 |
|Object Type||Architectural drawings |
|Physical Description||Blueprint: 84 x 107 cm. |
|Building Street Address||901 Broadway |
|Building Location||United States--Washington (State)--Tacoma |
|Descriptive Notes||Printed in title block:|
Southeast corner of 9th St. & Broadway, Tacoma, Wash.
Realty & Construction Co. of Tacoma, Owners.
B. Marcus Priteca, A.R.C.A. Architect
507-9-11 Pantages Bldg, Seattle, Wn.
Work No. 61
|Building Notes||Architect and designer B. Marcus Priteca arrived in Seattle in 1909. From 1910 to 1929, he worked exclusively for the Pantages theater circuit. Priteca designed more than 150 theaters in all. The Pantages Theater served as a vaudeville house from 1918 to 1926 during which it hosted a variety of shows including Mae West, the Marx Brothers, Charlie Chaplin and W.C. Fields. It was converted to a movie theater in 1932 and eventually was restored in 1983 as part of the Boradway Center for Performing Arts. |
|Subjects (LCTGM)||Architectural elements; Architectural decorations & ornaments |
|Subjects (LCSH)||Pantages Theatre (Tacoma, Wash); Theaters--Washington (State)--Tacoma--Designs and plans |
|Digital Collection||Architecture Collection|
|Digital ID Number||ARC0480 |
|Ordering Information||Restrictions apply to the ordering of this image. Please contact email@example.com for more information. |
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division. |
|Repository Collection||B. Marcus Priteca Collection |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original drawing in RGB at 200-400 dpi, saved in TIFF format, changed to indexed color, enhanced and resized using Adobe Photoshop, and imported as JPEG2000 using Contentdm software's JPEG2000 Extension. 2006. |