|Title||Boy riding on miniature train, July 22, 1947 |
|Caption||In 1946, the Seattle Park Board approved installation of a miniature train at Green Lake by Mr. & Mrs. E. C. Duncan of Everett. The City was to receive 10% of gross receipts. A 1948 map shows a miniature train in place north of the Parks shops, the location it would occupy until its removal in 1980. It ran on 2, 179 feet (.4 mi.) of track, across the current sites of the Woodland Park Zoo's Elephant Forest and Trail of Vines.|
This July 1947 photo shows Clifford Duncan riding on the Green Lake Railroad. He may be blowing the train's whistle, as the boy behind the fence has his fingers in his ears.
|Notes||Written on negative: Clifford Duncan, Green Lake R.R.. 7-22-47|
Caption information source: Chronological History of Woodland Park Zoo at http://www.zoo.org/page.aspx?pid=2170.
|Subjects||Children; Miniature railroads; Parks |
|Places||Green Lake (Park : Seattle, Wash.); Seattle (Wash.) |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI24664 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 negative: safety film, b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original negative using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 16-bit grayscale, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 4. |