|Title||Whittier School, Seattle, 1946 |
|Photographer||Rote, Clarence J.|
|Caption||Seattle annexed the city of Ballard in 1907. The Seattle school district built Whittier School in Ballard's Crown Hill neighborhood the following year. This new brick building, constructed in 1928, replaced several smaller wooden schools. |
|Notes||Handwritten on negative: Whittier School.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Seattle - schools - Whittier School.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): May 13, 1946.
|Subjects||Schools--Washington (State)--Seattle; Flagpoles--Washington (State)--Seattle; Flags--American--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Ballard (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI25766 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 safety film negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |