|Title||T.T. Minor School students eating lunch, Seattle, 1937 |
|Caption||Construction began on T.T. Minor School in 1889, the year Washington became a state. The Seattle school was named for Thomas T. Minor, former mayor and head of the school board. The original eight room school building opened in 1890 with more than 200 students. Starting in 1921, the city's program for deaf students was housed at T.T. Minor. |
|Notes||Handwritten on negative: T.T. Minor School.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Seattle - schools - Minor, T.T. (overcrowding).
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): March 1, 1937.
|Subjects||School children--Washington (State)--Seattle; Stoves--Washington (State)--Seattle; Children eating & drinking--Washington (State)--Seattle; School meals--Washington (State)--Seattle; Schools--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Central District (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI25649 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 safety film negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |