|Title||Foster Golf Club clubhouse, Foster, ca. 1930 |
|Date||ca. 1930 |
|Caption||Around 1930, a photographer from the Seattle Post-Intelligencer snapped this photograph at the Foster Golf Club, in the town of Foster, between Seattle and Renton, Washington. According to one source, this building was the Foster farmhouse, where the pioneer family lived for many years. The property became a privately-owned golf course, and today is the municipal course of the City of Tukwila, located at Interurban Avenue and 56th Avenue South. |
|Notes||Handwritten on image: Foster Golf Clubhouse.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Foster, Wash - clubs - golf.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Golf--Washington (State)--Tukwila; Clubhouses--Washington (State)--Tukwila; Sports & recreation facilities--Washington (State)--Tukwila |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Tukwila |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI21463 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 glass negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |