|Title||Newly completed Lake Washington floating bridge, Seattle, 1940 |
|Caption||The Lake Washington Floating Bridge, renamed after Lacey V. Murrow in 1967, was the longest bridge of its kind when it opened in 1940. This view shows the western approach to the bridge on the Seattle side. Mercer Island is visible across the lake. |
|Notes||Handwritten on image: Bridge toll plaza.|
Handwritten on sleeve: Seattle - bridges - Lake Washington - toll plaza.
Note from MOHAI records: Error in date?
Caption information source: HistoryLink.org.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): June 11, 1940.
|Subjects||Pontoon bridges--Washington (State)--Seattle; Lakes & ponds--Washington (State)--Seattle; Lacey V. Murrow Bridge (Mercer Island and Seattle, Wash.) |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Mount Baker(Seattle, Wash.)
Washington, Lake (Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI20583 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 nitrate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |