|Title||King County Courthouse, Seattle, ca. 1921 |
|Date||ca. 1921 |
|Caption||In 1916, the new King County Courthouse and Municipal Building, also called the County-City Building, opened on Third Avenue in downtown Seattle. The building, designed by Seattle architect Augustus Warren Gould, was five stories tall, with a partial sixth story for the use of the city engineer.|
This postcard shows the new County-City building in downtown Seattle. The lower three floors are faced with Washington granite and the surface of the upper floors with Seattle-made terra cotta. The cornice at the roof line is temporary; from the first, the designers planned for the eventual addition of six more stories.
|Notes||Caption on image: The King County Court House, cost to build $1, 300, 000.|
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Courthouses--Washington (State)--Seattle; Street railroads--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||2002.48.610 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Postcard Collection |
|Physical Description||1 postcard: color; 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original postcard as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |