|Title||Workmen putting eagle ornament on County-City Building, Seattle, 1937 |
|Caption||Workmen carefully remove one of the copper eagles from the cornice of the King County Courthouse (also known as the County-City Building), which was being repaired. The courthouse, originally constructed in 1914-17, had been enlarged with six additional stories in 1929-31. This building is located at Third and James in downtown Seattle. |
|Notes||Men in image are Gustave Carlberg, Ben Herz, Frank J. Haigh, and D.R. Thibeau.|
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): March 7, 1937.
|Subjects||Laborers--Washington (State)--Seattle; Architectural decorations & ornaments--Washington (State)--Seattle; Courthouses--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Personal Names||Carlberg, Gustave|
Haigh, Frank J.
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||PI20937 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 safety film negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in.; scratched |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from print made from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |