|Title||Plymouth Congregational Church, Seattle, ca. 1895 |
|Photographer||Wilse, Anders Beer, 1865-1949 |
|Date||ca. 1895 |
|Caption||In 1891, Plymouth Congregational Church moved to a large, red brick building on the corner of Third Avenue and University Street. By 1910, the business district had expanded into this area, and the congregation felt pressured to move again. They sold the property to theater-owner Alexander Pantages and moved to their current downtown location.|
This photo was taken looking north on Third Avenue from Seneca Street, and shows the steeple of Plymouth Congregational Church.
|Notes||Caption on image (obscured): Wilse.|
Handwritten on mount: No. on Third Ave. from Seneca in 1890's. Plymouth Church on R.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Congregational churches--Washington (State)--Seattle; Commercial streets--Washington (State)--Seattle; Business districts--Washington (State)--Seattle; Trees--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||2002.3.141 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Lantern Slide Collection |
|Physical Description||1 lantern slide: color; 2 1/4 x 3 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original lantern slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |
|Photographer's Reference Number||461 |