|Title||Seattle Public Library with sign thanking voters for funding new building, Seattle, 1956 |
|Caption||In 1906, a grand public library opened in downtown Seattle, built using a $200, 000 donation from industrialist Andrew Carnegie. The Carnegie Library was demolished in 1957 and replaced by a newer building. This replacement was itself torn down in 2001. |
|Notes||Handwritten on sleeve: SEATTLE PUBLIC LIBRARY, Main branch, exterior, bond voted for new building.|
Caption by MOHAI staff.
Date photograph was filed at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer (date of photograph and file date may differ by a month or more): April 5, 1956.
|Subjects||Public libraries--Washington (State)--Seattle; Automobiles--Washington (State)--Seattle; Business districts--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle |
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||1986.5.11226 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact email@example.com or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection, Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Seattle Post-Intelligencer Collection |
|Physical Description||1 acetate negative: b&w; 4 x 5 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original negative as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 8-bit grayscale, resized to 640 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |