|Title||Smith Tower and Mount Rainier, Seattle, 1914 |
|Photographer||Curtis & Miller |
|Caption||The Smith Tower was Seattle's first skyscraper. It was originally called the L. C. Smith Building for its owner Lyman Cornelius Smith of Smith Corona typewriter fame. The opening dedication ceremony took place on July 4, 1914. |
|Notes||Caption on image: [Copyright] 1914, Curtis & Miller, Seattle.|
Caption on border: Curtis & Miller, Commercial Photographers, 625 Colman Block, Seattle.
Handwritten on mount: Second Ave. showing L.C. Smith Bldg, Mt. Rainier in the distance. Seattle Wash.
Caption by MOHAI staff.
|Subjects||Skyscrapers--Washington (State)--Seattle; Office buildings--Washington (State)--Seattle; Business districts--Washington (State)--Seattle; Mountains--Washington (State)--Seattle; Smith Tower (Seattle, Wash.); Rainier, Mount (Wash.) |
|Places||United States--Washington (State)--Seattle|
Pioneer Square (Seattle, Wash.)
|Digital Collection||Museum of History & Industry Photograph Collection |
|Image Number||2002.3.364 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction or to inquire about permissions contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 206-324-1126. Please refer to the Image Number and provide a brief description of the photograph. |
|Credit Line||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle; All Rights Reserved |
|Repository||Museum of History & Industry, Seattle (MOHAI) |
|Repository Collection||Lantern Slide Collection |
|Physical Description||1 lantern slide: color; 2 3/4 x 2 in. |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from original lantern slide as a 3000 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 600 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop 6.0 and its JPEG quality measurement 3. |
|Photographer's Reference Number||30399[?] |