|Title||Trail at site above future Ross Dam looking down on Ruby Creek, June 28, 1919 |
|Notes||Photographs of the Skagit River Hydroelectric Project constructed between 1918-1961. |
In 1919, City Light began planning for a dam at the Rip Raps below Ruby Creek, and construction of Ruby Dam began in September 1937. The building of the dam was done in three steps. The first step was performed by contractors General-Shea-Columbia beginning in September 1937 with completion to a height of 305 feet in March 1940, at which time the lake and dam were renamed for Seattle City Light Superintendent James Delmage Ross (1872-1939). The second and third steps was built by contractors General-Shea-Morrison with work starting February 1943 and completion to height of 540 feet finished in August 1949.
Caption on image: Ruby Creek from trail above dam site. 6-28-19, 5029.
PH Coll 1124.26
|Location Depicted||United States--Washington (State)--Ruby Creek |
|Subjects (LCTGM)||Rivers--Washington (State) |
|Subjects (LCSH)||Ruby Creek (Wash.) |
|Digital Collection||Seattle Power and Water Supply Collection|
|Order Number||WWDL0672 |
|Ordering Information||To order a reproduction, inquire about permissions, or for information about prices see: http://www.lib.washington.edu/specialcollections/services/reproduction-info |
Please cite the Order Number when ordering.
|Repository||University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections Division |
|Repository Collection||Photographs of Seattle City Light Projects Collection, PH Coll 1124.|
|Object Type||Photograph |
|Physical Description||silver gelatin, b&w |
|Digital Reproduction Information||Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 115 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x600 ppi. 2005 |